Spring planting

I've been struck down with the lurgy this week - yuk, so I'll cough and splutter my way through this post!  A few weeks ago I made the most of the spring sunshine and spent the weekend in the garden which was just lovely.  I had collected an assortment of second-hand saucepans, kettles and old teapots (you might remember the post I did previously about these here) and I finally made time to turn these into garden planters.
 
 
A cluster of second-hand saucepans, kettles and teapots transformed into makeshift garden planters
 
Drainage holes were drilled through the bottom of the vessels before planting with various types of succulents.  I also bought some marigolds to inject a splash of colour - and I just love seeing the vibrant orange against the various shades of blues and greens from the succulents.
 
China patterned teacups compliment the stainless steel teapots and kettles
 
 
And as usual my trusty little side-kick was on hand to oversee the process from her sheltered spot underneath the bag of potting mix! 
I also included some of my garden pictures in the recent guest blog I wrote about recycled design for the wonderful Design Files.  You can see my garden entry here

2 comments:

  1. What is it about a plant in a teapot? They always look sooo enchanting. Beautiful pics, lucy! Hope you feel better soon! jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That´s a great idea thanks for share it... lovely pics

    ReplyDelete