Orange op-shop finds


Staffordshire Potteries cup and Broadhust saucer with stylised floral patterns in orange, ochre & black
Myott plate with rose pattern in orange and yellow

Retro salad bowl and servers

Orange and yellow floral tin with matching flour mill

I think I've posted before about randomly finding and buying objects in similar colours.  I've had another experience of this recently with some second-hand finds that all ended up being in the orange colour palette!

Firstly I picked up the retro Staffordshire Potteries cup and the Broadhurst saucer from the Daylesford Mill Market, and loved the mix-match patterns in orange, ochre and black - the cup in particular has a fabulous graphic floral pattern.

Then I found the Myott plate with the rose pattern in yellow and orange.  I love the hand-sketched feel to the rose pattern, and the orange and yellow colours help to prevent the plate being too 'pretty' or granny-ish!  The plate also has a quite beautiful scalloped edge detail.  

I also found the very cute tin with bright orange and yellow flower patterns at the Daylesford Mill Market.  The tin matches an old flour mill that I already have - perfect!

And lastly I found this adorable salad bowl and servers from Stockroom in Kyneton!  Whilst I'm not really a butterfly person, the bold style of the butterfly and flower pattern on the bowl, combined with the strong orange and black colours stops the design being too sweet and girly.  Love it!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy! I love all of these finds. If I didn't know you better, I'd say you were nesting. Maybe your subconscious (or conscious) knows that soon there won't be time for hunting out and gathering such fabulousness for your home - or it will just be on hold for a bit. Fran xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he - the trouble is I've been nesting for years, just without the maternal instinct that normally accompanies it!!

    ReplyDelete