Toblerone French Toast, Bill Granger
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp caster sugar (I left this out as it's sweet enuogh as it is!)
- 8 slices brioche loaf (I couldn't find a brioche loaf, so I used an un-sliced loaf of fruit toast)
- 25g unsalted butter
- 100g Toblerone bar, chopped
- Whisk together the eggs, milk and caster sugar (if using) into a flat dish
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- Dip two slices of brioche into the egg mixture, turning them over until they are completely coated.
- Put the soaked brioche slices in the frying pan and sprinkle each one with a quarter of the chopped chocolate.
- Soak another two slices of brioche in the egg mixture, and put on top of the bread in the pan to make sandwiches. Press lightly with a spatula to seal the edges.
- Cook for 2 - 3 mionutes on each side until golden brown. Repeat for the other two sandwiches and serve immediately.